COVID-19 Vaccine Update
All Marylanders 16 and older are eligible for vaccination. Pre-register for an appointment at a mass vaccination site or find a pharmacy, hospital or local health department near you to make an appointment .
Keep on slowing the spread of COVID-19 by watching your distance, washing your hands and wearing your mask.
Vaccines are here to help protect against serious illness from COVID-19.
All Marylanders 16 and older are now eligible for vaccination. Individuals included in earlier priority groups will be given priority to be vaccinated.
MD COVID Alert
MD COVID Alert pairs seamlessly with Maryland’s traditional contact tracing efforts by using Exposure Notifications technology to notify users who may have been exposed to an infected person. Opt-in today to participate in protecting all Marylanders from COVID-19.
“I am grateful for the contact tracer from the health department who called me to check in, every single day I was in quarantine. We need to move past the fear and work together.”
-Todd Poorman, 41, Anne Arundel County
Important info about COVID-19
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a disease caused by a respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in December 2019. COVID-19 is a new virus that hasn’t caused illness in humans before. Worldwide, COVID-19 has resulted in millions of human infections, causing illness and in some cases death. Cases have spread throughout the world, with more cases reported daily.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms, or combinations of symptoms, that may appear 2 – 14 days after exposure include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
How is COVID-19 spread?
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs
- Some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to COVID-19.
What is the enrollment period for health insurance through Maryland Health Connection?
A special enrollment is in effect until August 15, 2021. Enroll in a health plan and get coverage until the end of 2021.
Slow the spread
- When in public, wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces
- Avoid handshaking, hugging or other intimate types of greeting
If you have recovered or are recovering from COVID-19, you can connect with others who have been through the same experience on CovidCONNECT.
CovidCONNECT is a free platform where you can share your recovery story, learn about research opportunities, find mental health resources and more. Register to participate today.